I got to go to Buhl this weekend. Why? For the county fair...not just for the fair but the fair concert. Who was playing you ask? why The Band Perry!! Only one of my favorite groups of all time.
Sidenote time: I love this band. It's a sister and her two brothers and they play country music. The first time I heard their hit song "If I Die Young" I thought okay this song is kind of weird and creepy. The more I listened to it though, the more I came to LOVE it. The song is beautiful, the gals voice is incredible, and the message of the song is so deep, passionate and really different for everyone. From their I looked up their other songs and guess what!? Just as good as the first song. They write most all of their songs and I love them. There are some deep ones about love, love lost and life and some fun, fast songs about life and love and the funnies that come with it. I could listen to their music all day. So I was stoked to go see them in concert.
Anywho..so I drove down Friday and changed super fast then headed to the fair with Adrea that night. Why did I go that night well for the food of course! I LOVE fair food more than a lot of stuff out there. I love food and fair food is like ten times better even if it's crazy expensive. I also love the country feel of the fair. I love small towns and I love a fair full of barn animals, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, hay and grass and people having a good time. Things I ate while there? Don't judge me but I had: chocolate covered strawberries, a gyro, curly delicious fries, a lemonade, mini chocolate donuts and I can't remember if there was anything else.
I got cold and tired so I headed home around 10. Other things I loved from the fair: ALPACAS: I will own one for a pet someday and give it a cute haircut. Mint water: the most refreshing thing I've ever tasted. Smokey the Bear swag including a sweet little hat. Tractors, paintings & photographs. Judging people that walk by me ha ha
Saturday was my day to hang. I slept in a bit then headed to Twin for some shopping! I got some MUCH needed shoes as well as some other little things. I headed to the mall where I stared at a Justin Bieber cardboard cut out in Macy's for too long. Debated taking a picture with it until I didn't want to be judged. Bought delicious food from Lotus House. seriously the best stuff ever. then hung with Amber @ her apartment for an hour or so. It was wonderful getting to visit with her I really missed her. Then I relaxed at the casa. I watched movies, re did my nails and relaxed. Sunday...OOOO BOY! Sunday was the day. I headed to Hastings about 10 am because I heard there was a meet and greet with The Band Perry. I maybe stod in line for an hour and a half to have them sign my cd. When I finally went up I was okay at first. Then we took a picture and I got tongue tied. It was terrible but they are the sweetest people. Kimberly (the singer) calls everyone sweet girl. They are SO southern & I LOVE it. I want to be/ live in the south minus the hurricanes etc.Alrighty so after the CD signing I headed home so happy. I hung out and packed when Miranda & Adrea arrived about 4ish. We finished getting ready and headed to the fair. WE walked around for a bit before the concert, the girls got corn dogs, I took pictures with the alpacas and stick your head in the hole pictures. Then we headed to the arena. It was already way crowded so I wasn't too close but I was close enough. the concert= AMAZING!! The Band Perry is ridiculously entertaining. I may have stared at Reid (my dream man) for 98% of the concert but I loved it. It was so much fun and beyond worth the drive. Then I went hom hung with Mirda, Adrea and headed to sleep. Got up monday and drove back. Onto Week 2 of school.
this is a long post but oh well. Monday I got back exhausted but I unpacked and all that fun stuff. I headed to an FHE fire where I had 3 yummy smores. Then I went to watch an indoor soccer game with Nicole of Christy's. I then went home and crashed I was so tired as I left Idaho at like 6 am. I went to sleep at like 11ish. Woke up for an 830 class the next day and went to 2 classes where I almost fell asleep. Then I had a seminar at 430 so thanks to a ride from Josh C & Phil I headed to that until 6pm. Nicole picked me up and we headed to taco tuesday until 7ish. THEN I went in to bath and body works where I did a floorset until 12am. I FINALLY made it home and to sleep around 1 am. I woke up wednesday for class again at 830 AM. : ( I was EXHAUSTED all day yesterday. Literally I could barely walk, keep my eyes open. I had two three hour classes. I finally headed home where I laid down to take a 5 minute nap and my legs felt like jello more tired than ever. I got up and cleaned our icky kitchen, picked up Nicole and headed to Friends of the Elderly for some much needed service time. I LOVE those people. I felt 100 times better after leaving them. They light up my life. I dropped Nicole off, went home and organize/ did homework until 10ish and finally went to bed. This has been the longest week of my life. seriously ha ha. I hope I am never that tired again with this kind of schedule. But hey that's the life of a college student. Alright 2 classes today + a training till 530 then I will be going home to SLEEP! wooohooo. pictures to follow soon. the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment