a. friend OF the Elderly: this is an incredible club @ school that I am part off. well I don't know if officially I am but I always go. so here's the deal. wed. nights we go to this assisted living home where we hang with some seriously amazing elderly folks. honestly...this is the BEST night/time of my life every week. I can go in angry or stressed and I come out feeling on top of the world. i love the hilarious people there. for instance there's this darling gentleman, Don, he is hilarious. he kind of reminds me of what I think my dad will look like/act at that age. I just love chatting it up with him. Then there's Evelyn, who is a doll!! Last week she asked if I could help her figure out her computer to which i said of course! She is darling! There is a married couple there too who I think are amazing & I want to be like them someday. Each time I learn something new about the people or myself. It's so uplifting to be with people who have lived through so much. I hope everyone can take the time to value those who have lived before us & who we can learn so much from.
two: baptism. I can vaguely remember my baptism. I can remember various baptisms I went to with my mom for people in our ward growing up. Since I've moved out and graduated high school I don't think I've been to a baptism. today i attended one. that of my cute little roommate. she was really struggling at the beginning of this school year and began dating a way nice kid in our ward. then bam before you know it she's getting baptized. the entire thing was so amazing. the spirit was truly present & I won't lie I was shedding some tears. I am so extremely happy for her. I hope I can be a great example to her & that she will stick with it the rest of her life.
C: so I love my calling right. I feel so right and great about it. It's exactly what I've been looking for for so long. this past thursday we had a training meeting for all our girls. and out of my 6 girls only 2 came. that was not the best. now I get to set up another training meeting for next week. this is what I mean when i say it's stressful. However, I am not complaining about it because I know that the Lord knows what's going on and he will do what is necessary. I was waaaay down and overwhelmed on Monday night I think it was? Girls hadn't been called, we didn't have any needed info for my roommates baptism and school and everything was just way intense. I won't lie I was pretty down and worried and honestly go figure the Lord goes and makes everything perfect and works it out. why do I doubt when I know things will be fine. this calling is changing my life I know it & I can feel it.I really hope I can get these girls to understand their importance and to let the girls in my ward know how much they are loved. here's to a great year with a wonderful calling.
finally...i only have 4 more weeks of classes then I am in a classroom full time. it's going to be crazy & I'm nervous & scared & excited. also I talked to adrea & we decided that if I'm not dating anyone/no prospects we are most likely going to move to Tennessee or somewhere down South to get a change of scenery. the end.
![]() |
| a possibility. |
![]() |
| sigh...miss these people every hour of every day. love my camp family so so much. |


No comments:
Post a Comment