Thursday, December 8, 2011

behind in the blogging.

So turns out I feel way behind in blogging & didn't even realize it. Let's just say life the past few weeks has been busy as usual but feels even busier. First of all, I was trying to get all my lessons taught that were necessary for my practicum. BUTTTT I did find out where I am student teaching and that would be here in Logan nice and close by! WHEW! I was SO worried I'd get stuck in Preston or Brigham City. So life there is well. 

I have been working more at ol' Bath & Body Works which is okay but not really cause I get really tired all the time it seems. Below is a list of other things I can think of that have occured:
-I have two new roomies: Emilee & Amanda & I love it! Our apt looks more like a home now.
-I put up all (by all I mean few) Christmas decorations I have and some lights!
-I got to spend lots of time with my familia and that was wonderful
-I have started my Christmas shopping but already I feel behind
-Noodles & Co finally brought the business to LOGAN! Me & Jen of course hit it up on opening day. I am one happy resident now that they are around town.
-I had my nails without polish for like a week and that hasn't happened since before the Summer. Don't worry they are back to being polished...even if it's chipped cause I'm too tired & lazy to make it nicer
-It has snowed multiple times & a lot! Annddd I haven't slipped yet on my way to school which is wonderful! (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself)
-my room has been ridiculously messy because when it comes to either clean the room or do homework I usually choose homework & when it's between clean or get extra sleep I have been choosing the sleep route. I need to be better about all that.
-An apartment in our complex flooded & so that was pretty exciting. It was like Noah's ark except there were frying pans floating around their kitchen instead of a giant boat.
-STILL haven't found a new car & I'm not a fan.

-FINALLY went Country Swing Dancing....turns out I had a blast and I think I"ll try to become a regular. So at first it's awkward & honestly it's like being back at a Middle School dance where you stand on the side and stuff but you actually get asked to dance. & I'm not even good but I still got asked and I feel like I learned some stuff and the guys are all so nice! It was a workout but I really did enjoy just having some regular college fun. I hope to get better and start wearing a cowboy hat, boots, spurs etc. No I'm totally kidding haha I would never wear spurs. : ) So I'll keep that updated and maybe I'll become a pro swing dancer. 

-Tonight...I....went to.....an ACTUAL TEA PARTY!!! It was fabulous! Our stake relief society held it. It was beautiful. The dishes which were antiques were beautiful to say the least. I felt so proper & dainty using my little China cup. We had a blast! The ladies passed around TONS of little tiny tea foods which were delightfully delicious! These women are fantastic. I mean they clearly put a lot of effort into the tea party and it was so nice to just have an evening to enjoy and relax and drink hot chocolate & a warm apple cider drink called (wassail?). Onto the next part of that: I went with Mindy, Emilee & Sarah. Lemme just put a quick note in here how blessed & grateful I am to know each of these fine women. They seriously light up my life. I feel so close to them & I hope to stay friends with them forever & ever. I look up to them & we just have such fun together & always know how to work well together. I am truly growing because of them & the times I get to spend with them like enjoying our tea tonight. I wouldn't have wanted to go to that tea party with anyone else! 

-Moving on...Nicole loves this place The Crepery. Turns out even though it's a little overpriced for a crepe, I love it too. They are TASTYYYYYYY. And it's like your at home eating which I love. Anywho thanks to Nicole who introduces me to things out in the world. THAT reminds me...I have decided to FINALLY go to Europe w/ Nicole. I finally decided this becase: a. I am not married, b. I am tired of watching people do all the things I've dreamed of for years c. I will just put it on a credit card and pay it off later because I want to go when I am young d. I will be graduated and it will be a great way to celebrate. 
    Places I want to go ( I doubt I'll hit all of these): Denmark, Greece, Ireland, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland....yup I'll definitely need more than one trip.

Well that's all for today. I will really be better now that school is about out. I can't wait for Christmas. I love this season so much. That is what I will end on. I am so blessed to be able to have another Christmas season with family & friends. I love Christmas for the songs etc., but I never forget the true meaning, my Savior Jesus Christ. This season is a beautiful & sacred time of year. I feel so blessed that I have the knowledge of what I am celebrating it for. I hope everyone can remember it's meaning & find out for themselves the best way to show their thankfulness to Him. I am going to continue serving & doing my very best especially through this season. Merry Christmas to us....everyone.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

If you really do the Europe thing, I want to go!

Christy said...

Ohh man, I think you're the greatest Summer.