Sunday, October 16, 2011

inspiring.

the past couple of weeks I've heard some talks/been to a couple firesides & heard some amazing things that have really inspired & touched me. It has been more than a crazy semester so far & these kinds of things help me remember who I am, what I am doing, what I want to be doing and who I want to be. 

President Packer:
"There is no greater protection from the adversary than for us to know the truth-to know the plan"

Sister oaks:
"This life is not just about me"
" Life will always be a challenge"
"Don't waste one minute of this precious life"
"We signed up for the WHOLE plan. We aren't waiting alone" 

Elder Oaks: 
"We should not be tolerant with ourselves"
"ALWAYS speak with Love"
President Woodland:
" we are here to change lives"
"Be hopeful & happy"

Elder Rasband: 
"Men change their hearts every day"

Sister Beck: 
"It's about being inspired"

Sister Anderson: 
"Love is NOT a possession, it's participation"

Sister Iverson:
" What we do determines if we will have joy/happiness"

Sister Jarrett:
" You think you know how it will be going in, but it's much harder."
" Are we forgetting the most important things?"
"Don't push away the good!"
"Things come easier instead of trying to do it alone"
She also talked about how we shouldn't focus on the one bad thing we do & to not compare ourselves to others Ever!

Elder Maxwell:
"What we insistently desire over time is what we will eventually become and what we'll receive in eternity."

President Woodland (again what a man!)
" Come to know HIS voice & let nothing distract you!"
"Listen carefully & the blessings will be there"
"I KNOW in who I need to trust"

sidenote: I've ben reading a new book " Daughters in My Kingdom" which is all about the Relief Society. I cannot begin to explain how much I've learned from this book and I'm determined to finish it by reading one chapter whenever I have some time. Here are some of my favorite quotes from this book so far too:

"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses & shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are...may we recognize that each of us is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do OUR best to help out"

" lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better'

"How precious are the souls of men!"

Sister Snow: " the Holy Ghost satisfies & fills up every longing of the human heart, & fills up every vacuum"

"You are the head, not the tail"

"It is better to walk with God in the darkness than without him in the light"

" I didn't keep a testimony though those times- the testimony kept me"


No comments: