Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a couple of photos.

first of all. a picture I took a few weeks ago of my beautiful, amazing abuelita Rita. she's the best person I've ever known & I want to be just like her someday. she's my hero and the kindest, most service oriented person. isn't she beautiful. she's been through so much and still manages to live life and live the gospel the best she can.

my friend Emilee & i attended the North Logan pumpkin walk yesterday. sure I froze my butt off but it was so worth it! I had no idea what a pumpkin walk even was. turns out it's where crazy, super talented people come up with amazing things to do with pumpkins. case in point: turn it into a minion from Despicable Me. seriously that place blew my mind. people are creative geniuses. my favorites were the Gilligan's Island, Candy Land, Despicable Me, Winnie the Pooh & Wizard of Oz exhibits. but all of them were incredible. it was worth being cold & waiting for slow people in line to move forward.

so before the next picture i have to mention the following. this week has been a rough one. i had lots of final stuff due in school, found out i have to get a new car on top of other stressful items currently circling my life. anywho...so then monday night I got a text from my friend matt. He & I have worked together the past two summer's at the summer camp I love. anywho he said he had a picture of himself that I would enjoy. now I didn't get this until tuesday morning so I told him to go ahead and send it to me. and honestly it was just what i needed to cheer me up. matt is a lovely country loving, huntin & gun obsessed, truck driving, outdoorsy fella & this is (the picture) i wouldn't expect any less of him to do. so here...enjoy this. I did & he really made my day. gotta love him! hahaha

finally to end this short & not really informative post. anyone who knows me should know how much i love kids. all ages from babies to teenagers. i think they are great. when i was little i LOVED to babysit my (not) much younger cousins and be all growed up & responsibisle like that. haha well my love of little ones has not changed and with every new baby that comes into our family i love them even more. my cousin Cristina had this amazingly handsome little fellow this past year and when they came to visit I fell in love again. he's darling and cute and funny and just so sweet. and then just when you think you can't love and miss them more she sent me this picture. i knew she'd have adorable kids but this is just ridiculous. he's going to be a heartbreaker someday i just know it.
here's to another week. an oh yah this week is my (mostly) LAST week of college classes. SCARY! next week I start my 5 days a wekk, 8-4 practicum @ Edith Bowen, the school on campus & then in the Spring i student teach. crazy. i don't know where the time has gone. that's all for now.

No comments: