Thursday, October 6, 2011

a cold & rainy day.

so here's the deal. today was coooollldddd! and rainy & gray & dreary. I got up and headed straight to visit my beautiful Grandma Rita. I listened to her talk and french braided her hair & played the piano for her. There is nothing quite like hearing her sing in her amazing voice in Spanish. It's lovely. I love  to spend time with her & certainly haven't been too good at it this past month but I'll be better. After that....well I've been working on homework all day & by homework I mean my belief statements. See in order to graduate, we have to write ten belief statements based on some principles about teaching and learning. Sounds kind of easy...but really it's not. I finally got lots of them done last night and today so I'll be good to go I just hope they are okay. Then I did a couple visits & made some dinner & watched some online TV. I haven't blogged in awhile so figure I should.

So today is a blog with another memory from life. This one is about road trips. As a child, my dad traveled all over the western US to work. So what did we do? My mom would take us on trips to visit him from time to time. We have had countless road trips which led to my love of travel. Each trip would be roughly similar. We would pile into our blue or green van, or white Trailblazer or any car we had at that time. We'd pack up our stuff and made sure we had pillows & blankets. I would always pack one cute little bag with stuff for the trip. It would have stuff like books, my walk-man or CD player, any car games we'd been able to buy and liked for the moment, coloring books I mean all sorts of stuff seriously. I always had this thing about having my 'area' of the car. I would put my travel bag and my pillow and stuff in one spot behind a seat and get all ready for the trip. The best part about road trips then and even still is the things we do to pass the time. We played countless games of Who Am I, the ABC game, quoting movies game, or listen to book on tape. My mom was great at making road trips fun. We would ALWAYS have the best snacks too. My mom would buy & let us pick out treats at the grocery store the week of and we would be set. We'd have a cooler with drinks, sandwich makings, fruit, and of course chips, Oreos, crackers etc. While the drives were long we never had a bad time really. Mom would and still always stops wherever we want too whether it's a view point on top of a mountain or a historic old trail, or a big statue of a buffalo. Road trips are wonderful & I loved the adventures we always had on ours. We drove through wild snowstorms, crazy traffic jams, hot weather, and the curviest roads. so take road trips. they are fun & create great memories. the end.

No comments: