Alrighty so this summer has been a blast and I'm not ready for school to start. Today, saturday, I was going to go get my car fixed but today was also the day of a ward boating activity at Lake Oneida in Idaho. I was conflicted but last night at like 9pm chose to go to the ward activity since once school starts I know I'll miss the summer days. So this morning, got up and met at the church at 7 am...that's right 7 AM! So freaking early but we wanted to have lots of time. Emilee & I rode up following Matt who had Casey, Jake, Josh Hanks & Brianna with them. The ride up was fun just full of chit chat and fun talking times. We arrived to see Brother & Sister Curtis unloading the boat into this small and gorgeous little reservoir. I LOVED IT! The trees, the quiet, the water like glass and it was so isolated like not many people know about it. Anywho, the 7 of us climbed in the boat with the Curtis' and we headed out. It was chilly and the sun wasn't out but Josh braved it to slalom ski in the water which I've never seen but it looks way hard. It was only his 2nd time and sheesh he looked like a pro out there, making it look so easy! It was way impressive. After Josh, Jake and then Casey tried it. Soon we switched to knee boarding which I've never done and I wanted to try but never did. Casey & Matt knee boarded and did wonderful with a slight face plant by casey : ( He was a trooper though! After that we went back to shore and picked up Jared & two of his friends plus another guy from the ward. We blew up the tube & first up were Emilee, Brianna and I. We started out slow cause I was nervous and it was a fun ride. Highlights include Emilee falling off at one point wherein Josh & those guys all said I 'pushed' her! ha ha And then they kept saying how I took up half the tube even though I told Emilee to scoot over because I knew I was on a lot of it. It was a fun ride though and we didn't get knocked off. We then had Josh, Matt & Jake go and man were they crazy! It was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen! They were hilarious and did a great job staying on until I guess, Jake's shorts were falling off so he had to let go! After a few more rides we headed to shore to have lunch. It was tasty because we were so hungry! There were lots of bees, hornets and creepy spiders and snakes involved. Well after that we loaded up the wakeboard. We left Matt's car of people on shore. I went first and surprisingly enough I did a lot better than I thought I would. It was a blast until I fell hard and face planted it, swallowed water, hurt my shoulder and almost lost the board. I still loved it though. Emilee went, then Jared's friend and then we headed back where they left and Matt's car got in. It was fun to watch some people that are so good go! Jake, Josh, Brianna, and Emilee all went and they are so good. I want to be that good someday! All in all it was a fabulously fun day and I am SO glad I didn't miss it! It was so fun to hang out with people I already knew and get to know them better!! I loved it and it was a wonderful way to spend my last day of Summer! time to start a new school year...
 |
| crazy tube dream team (jareds title) |
 |
| love to wakeboard! |
 |
| woo hoo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment