Today was my last day at camp. Once again it was filled with lots of tears. I miss the kids already. What some people don't understand is how attached kids and counselors get. We are with the kids from 8 am to 5 pm every day for 3 months. Sure there are some kids that come and go but there are also the regulars that are there all summer every summer. This year I was with the same group I was with last year so I was with a lot of the same kids I already knew. I got to know them even better and love them even more. It was so hard to leave again and honestly I just feel so depressed and it will feel even worse come Monday morning when I don't get to see them first thing and hug them, hear their stories from the weekend, hear them yelling my name every second. I am so blessed and grateful I have had this job two summer's in a row. It truly is the best time anyone could ask for and I love having another family in my life, my camp family. I can't wait and I'm already counting down the days until next Summer.
Memory time:
A time I loved when I was little was all the family trips we would take to salt lake city to visit our extended family. We would go every Christmas to Temple Square to see the lights, come up and go to 12 am movies with cousins at the Sugarhouse dollar movie, Play out in the yard, go school clothes shopping at Fashion Place Mall and so much more. I remember at my Uncle Eli's house in Murray once, a ton of us were playing in the huge back yard he had. My cousin Aimee cut her foot on some sharp broken piece of plastic and ended up having to get stitches. It was those moments together that made my childhood so fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment