Monday, May 30, 2011

the best place I've ever known.



















I know it doesn't look like much but this is hands down the best place I have ever known. It is the property and land around my house in Buhl Idaho. I know lots people say they love their home etc., but honestly I have such an appreciative deep love for this area. I never fully appreciated it until I moved out and now I wish I had. It is the one place in this world where I feel safe, complete, like nothing is wrong, and where everything is perfect. The views continually take my breath away no matter how many times I've seen them. The view from my bedroom window is one I have memorized and dream about all the time. Sure it's dry a lot, rocky, dusty and not a tropical island, but I feel like it's mine. It's beautiful from the views to the rocks to the tiny flowers and yellow weeds that grow all around the land. I will never love a place more than I love this property. Sure my house and the decor around the outside have changed in ways I don't really love but the land remains the same. I can still go home and remember the good times I had there, sit out back and think in still silence sitting upon the giant rock that overlooks the melon valley. I wish everyone could see and feel what I do when I am here. It is a magical place that I can never get too much of.

No comments: