Saturday, May 21, 2011

catch up time!

Alrighty so it's been awhile since I blogged last my bad. I have been not super busy so I don't have a real excuse mostly I've been just lounging around. So I moved out of Glennwood after finals which was super duper sad! The first day after finals, that friday Christ moved out. Chavez/Alvin helped her move out. That night Britt, Nicole & I went out with Josh, Ryan, Phil, Casey & Matt to El Toro Viejo to eat some Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo. Then we played Mau for awhile with Josh, Matt & Phil. It was super fun also because Phil & Britt & I were moving the next day. That morning I moved into Jen's apt. So it's been about a week/ two. Living at Jen's hasn't been horrible but it was just way boring and I watched a TON of Brothers & Sisters. It's been fun spending time w/ family and I made time to try out some new recipes. My spinach & artichoke dip came out tasty as did some cookie bars. I went and hung out with Nicole a couple of times earlier this week and climbed to the Wind Caves with the ward for FHE. I def. miss my amazing wards and the peeps from Glennwood. It was a fun time there. 
Anywho yesterday was a good time too. I went to Nicole's & Josh was down for the weekend. We wanted to go shooting and so we did! Ryan, Josh & his friend Caitlan, Matt, Nicole, Casey & I went shooting up a small canyon. We had shotguns and Matt had a handgun. It was crazy fun!! I didn't hit a single clay pigeon but still I can't wait to go again even if I have a bruise on my shoulder from it. I felt super empowered and it was just great. After that we went up Logan Canyon and the guys wanted to make Dutch Oven Cobbler. So we started a fire ( after tons of hard work & blowing from Casey and Ryan, wet wood, and sticks) and huddled around a little fire for a couple hours while the cobbler cooked. Felt like we were out there forever with the tiny fire, blowing and inhaling smoke and talking about everything from lactation to horse fetishes to killers (thank you Nicole) ha ha. It was great fun and we finally got to eat the cobbler which was tasty but crazy hot and those who didn't let it cool (Josh/Ryan) got their mouths burned. So today I moved yet again back to Salt Lake City into an apartment complex that Jen used to live in years ago. It's small and kind of ghetto but it will do for the Summer. Honestly, I can't wait to head back to Logan though I know it will be different. I am planning to live at Glennwood again just because the ward is great and I don't want to have to start from scratch yet again. So until next time here are a couple pics! Also from my Florida trip which was amazing and hot and I forgot to talk about my bad!

No comments: