Ok so yesterday Prince William of Great Britain got married. It has been talked about for weeks with tons of news coverage this past week. Last night, I stayed up with the roommates to watch it. It was at 11am in Great Britain which made it 4 am here or rather 3 am to see everyone arrive. I remember watching the funeral of Princess Diana and various coverage on here and then I read a book about her once. I wouldn't say I am crazy fascinated with it all but one can't help but admit it is intriguing especially since we don't have a Monarchy here. So yes I stayed up all night watching coverage of the event and honestly...so worth it. A: the hats were crazy! Apparently hats are the hot fashion item over there and it was required for the wedding that women wear hats so the various ones we saw were insane. I want to wear hats like that sometime. B: Westminster Abbey is beautiful!! It was great to get to see so much footage of such an amazing place and fun to watch everyone from David Beckham to Elton John arrive. C: I thought Kate's dress was pretty but I HATED her bouquet. It was terribly ugly like something you would buy at a dollar store. Anywho so with this 'real life' fairy tale we indulged ourselves for an evening. It's weird to think things like that really do happen and someday she'll be a queen. I also loved watching Prince Harry, I watched this bio of him on the E channel this week and ever since then I think he is so handsome and cuter than Prince William (poor guy is losing his hair so fast). Welp after only 2-3 hours of sleep I am off to class but I am glad I stayed up to witness, honestly, a historic event that will be remembered forever. Someday when I have kids I can tell them I watched that wedding live and yes it was amazing. Also when Prince Harry gets married I totally need to find out how to snag an invite. thats all. Congrats to Prince William and Her Royal Highness Princess Kate the Duchess of Cambridge (sweet new title huh!).
 |
| Seriously Westminster=beautiful. (courtesy of OK Magazine) |
No comments:
Post a Comment