Wednesday, April 13, 2011

sigh...will the snow ever cease?

Whelp this whole blog thing is harder to keep up with when I don't have a goal of once a day and  a prompt. I really don't know what to write about most of the time. Today though, it snowed and I know that we should be grateful for the moisture but it's awful hard sometimes. I am craving warm sunshine and summertime. I hate being cold and it feels as though I haven't been truly warm for months. sigh.
In other news I cannot WAIT for the summer to begin because I will be back at Wasatch Kids Camps working again. I hope the Summer is just as fun as the last one. I can't wait to see all those smiling faces, get to hang out with amazing kids every day and relax from the stress of school and grown up life. I love being a kid and those young ones just bring it out in me which is the best. Being in my school practicum, the best part is those kids. Right now I'm in a 4th grade class and I already love the kiddies. They are so cute and funny and act like hams all the time. They are smart, hilarious, make fun of me and are just wonderful. Today, before class started I just was watching as all the kids wandered and hung out in the room. It was an amazing and humbling site. It was great because all of them just talked to each other, they don't care about what each other has and doesn't have. They are smiling, laughing and really enjoying their life even in school. I need to start taking lessons from them because lately, that I feel has been my problem. I am not fully enjoying life as I should. I love the quote about how life is too short and to laugh through it. I need to start having more fun, stressing less about the little things, and just laughing my way through life. Any who that's my rant for today...till next time. I shall leave you all with the lyrics of first song I've ever memorized on the piano. I love to play it and sing it now. Props to my roomie Christy who introduced me to it and who inspires me to become a better piano player (She's amazing).
Ingrid Michaelson: The Chain
Lyrics to The Chain :
The sky looks pissed
The wind talks back
My bones are shifting in my skin
And you my love are gone

My room seems wrong
The bed won't fit
I cannot seem to operate
And you my love are gone

[CHORUS]
So glide away on soapy heels
And promise not to promise anymore
And if you come around again
Then I will take, then I will take the chain from off the door

I'll never say I'll never love
But I don't say a lot of things
And you my love are gone

No comments: