Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Partayyyyyy

So here's the latest scoop:
:.Last friday night Feb. 10th 
We hosted our first party at our apartment. It was a Valentine's Party for all the singles. Sooo we had Natey & Justin move all our furniture out of our living room with most of it occupying my room (made it tricky to move around). Then we decorated with some dollar store stuff, balloons from Nicole & paper hearts. Anddd we had our table as the food table in the kitchen & it  looked adorableeee if I do say so myself. Anywho we borrowed some speakers from RA Kyle so we could dance party it up. The party started off a wee bit slow but picked up fast and soon there were lots of people in & out. I honestly didn't know half the people who came and I was a bad host because I didn't get to know many of them...whoopsie. I was otherwise...occupied with boys of my fancy : ) so we started out with music & chatting...threw in some Truth or Dare which was hilarious to say the least except for myself. More dancing, the saran wrap game (pics to come), more dancing & mingling & another fun game or two! : ) Everyone had a blast that came from what I heard. The (twins) came and I was so stoked that they did! It was great getting to chat it up with them some more because I think they are just dreammyyyy...sigh. Well let's just say after many hours I finally headed to sleep around 330 am. That meant it was a true success with the cool kids hanging out till then chatting it up in our empty living room. Turns out...B12 throws quite the party.

:. Saturday
That morning we pulled out the old routine of 'stay in our PJ's & do homework until like 3pm" which is freaking awesome. We just lounge around being our goofy, hilarious selves while we do our homework etc. It was a blast and our living room was pretty empty still so we could play around in there. Well the time came for stake conference at 630 pm & so all four of us headed out, met up with Justin and then he & Nate came with us. After a lovely meeting we came home & got all changed so we could head to Mardi Gras up at the school. It was an overall lovely night but couldn't really top our party the night before. Well I did get my fortune told by a tarot card reader & that was fascinating to say the least. Dancing & casinos & tons of people and we headed home after that about 1 am...and we were very tired because we had stake conference the next morning at 10 am. However...we didn't go to sleep. Three friends of Amanda's stopped by. Andd two of the boys were adorable & hilarious & Sarah, Jacqui & I were up till like 3 talking to them & Nate. Ronnie & Trae who were worth being way tired in stake conference for. 

:. Sunday
Let's just say after two 3am nights staying awake in stake conference was...a  challenge. We were beat!! Phew...it was a lovely meeting then we came home & had some TASTY ribs with Justin& Cobie before I took like a 3 hour nap. It wasn't a bad evening at all and we just spent it hanging out at our apt. Let's skip forward to the best Valentine's Day ever. 

:. Monday Night
Our neighbor knocked on our door and told us someone had left something out there. Turns out we had cookies, fake rose petals &  a lovely, hilarious note waiting for us. We were very excited & it was the cutest thing of my life! We were dying to know who it was because it was clearly from someone who  knows & loves us. (turns out it was our sweet baby kyle who hid it very well)

:. Tuesday: Dia de Amor: Valentine's Day
So I bought some cheesy valentine's fromWalmart for my class & decided I would leave some for my roomies since I had extras. So I left them each one on the table in the morning before school. Then I taped a couple for Justin & Nate on their door too so they would have a treat! I headed off to school where  I got to see the cutest valentine's Day dance & activity! We also passed out Valentine's at the end of the day & I ended up with a crazy amount of candy...it was like a lover's Halloween. Those kiddies sure are great! I heart them all. Well so after a relatively good day at school I headed home to what would be an incredible afternoon/ evening. First: I walk in the door & sweet Sarah had cleaned our whole apt! It was wonderful! Second: I walked into my room where I found the following: a bag of candy/ note from Em, a rose & note from Amanda & a giant Heart note from Jacqui ( SERIOUSLY i have the BEST roomies ever...of all time...EVER). Well I felt ridiculously loved. Third: Natey dropped by later & had gotten us all a little heart box of chocolates with cards on them! (reason number ten million why I love this kid to death. like for realsies) Fourth: Roomies & I had a tasty Valentine's Dinner that we all prepared & it was soooo good and then we went to see The Vow (disappointed slightly but didn't put a damper on my day). Fifth: We came home to the following: Note from Justin/ Kyle with drinks & gum for all of us (reason ten million why I love Justin & I am starting to love Kyle(RA) ), Treats from Mindy & cookies from Mindy. 
I mean seriously with all the lovin going around it was hard not to have the most amazing day. It helped me to remember once again just how CRAZY blessed I am. I have the BEST roommates & my neighbors Nate/Justin are beyond FANTASTIC! Truly had a wonderful 24 hours. Andddd we topped it off with some chatting until 1 am with Nate, Baby Kyle & Spencer. Completed my day...and no matter how hard my weeks get I just have to think of that day & I know things are really, truly super around here. Pictures to come in the next post. Happy Valentine's Day to us...every one.

No comments: