Sunday, February 26, 2012

school during the week & party animals on the weekend?

The title of this pretty much sums up how our apartment lives these days. It's pretty much awesome. During the week we go to school & have lots of fun doing random stuff in the evenings but then the motto is that on weekends we have a wonderful time & party it up. Jacqui & I, since it's our last semester, are especially fans of this motto for our apartment. Time to play some quick catch up too! This past week wasn't too bad. It was my last full week of student teaching @ Ellis, which I'm bummed about but it's okay I'm excited to be with 2nd graders too. So let's seeeee umm every weekday evening is usually spent with us just hanging around the apartment doing homework, visiting with anyone who drops by & having a lovely time. Wednesday night I had to leave school early with a migraine. YUCK. But then we made tasty juice smoothie things with Justin, Nate & their roommate so it ended up being a pretty nice day! anddd finally we made it to the weekend! I love it!
Friday night we went to this tight & bright party at one of the fraternities up on campus. We headed out right before ten so we could get in free and then we danced it up for a couple of hours. The party was pretty great and I have to say I sure love how crazy Jacqui gets. There was a couple that grinding it up (so awkward) and jacqui goes over and randomly is dancing around them and bumping hips with the guy...anddd i almost died laughing. The best part is they didn't even stop the guy would just look and look away. hilarious. anddd then the party moved downstairs & wasn't as cool so we ended up going to play Lasertag @ the Fun Park instead! boooyah (for free did I mention). There was a big group of us that went and we played a few rounds of that before heading home. The best part of coming home on one of those nights? The four or five of us hanging out around the kitchen table, laughing & chatting & having late night snacks before finally going to sleep at 3 am. Saturday meant homework time which meant I really didn't get much of anything done. I did go on a run with Jacqui which was awesome but phew I am so out of shape these days! Anywho...it was a lovely evening of napping & hanging out with Baby Kyle andddd then we headed out to another party. It was the birthday party of a fellow that Jacqui knows that we've all met a couple of times. This one was held at an old sorority house up on campus. It started out a little shaky but it ended up being super fun. We got our dance on some more, had cupcakes & enjoyed hanging out with the people we know. It's funny because we've been going out so much now that we are starting to get to know people everywhere we go that we see at ever party/ event we go too. Anywho...this week is my last week at Ellis & I'm super bummed to be leaving my amazing teacher but it will be nice to not have to be to school until 840 every day instead of 730. Here's hoping that I don't get a crazy teacher in this next block!

No comments: