Well today I finished the LOST series. I sat here thinking about the whole show and the finale for a bit and felt an impression to write about it, although I admit I am still confused from it. However, the show I now realize is wonderful for so many reasons. It has a great plot, and leaves room for so much interpretation. The finale is one of the most heart wrenching, inspiring, really good finales that I have ever seen for a show/movie/ story etc. Watching it I couldn't help but cry a few times, when the characters were remembering their time on the island, when Jack was talking to his father, and when the characters were in the church. I love that the writers left so much open to what the viewer wanted to get out of it. I think that everyone that watches it, will pull something different from it depending on their life. Honestly, I don't even know what I got from it, mostly I was thinking about the light that Jack fixed that was at the source of the island. I also really loved the fact that everyone ended up in the church because it was a place they had created where they could reunite with one another. It is definitely a complex and thought provoking moment. I thought it was great that the characters didn't want to 'move on' without each other and how the important part of their life connected them in that way. Anyway, I don't really know what I got from it I suppose but I do know it was the most emotional a show has made me in a long time. I give the series 2 thumbs up even though I was really confused for most of it. For some reason, the finale, for me at least, just fit perfectly.

No comments:
Post a Comment