Sunday, January 23, 2011

2011 already?

First off...it really amazes me that it is already 2011. I look back and think about my childhood and high school years and when I first moved to salt lake and I really don't know how it all came and went so very quickly. It makes me wish I had taken more time to enjoy it all and written down more of the things that happened but oh well at least I have some great memories.
     Along with this new year I have made a couple of resolutions which so far are holding up. I didn't make them until a couple of weeks ago but I am going to do my best to keep them going. I am reading the Book of Mormon and it has taken me forever but I have been consistently reading every night which is awesome. I made a chart on my mirror in my room that I check off every day I read so I make sure to make time. Along with it on that chart I am working out every day. I found a great online site that has videos for each day. So far I've done yoga, cardio kick boxing and just upper body and full body workouts. I really want to get healthier this semester especially with the Summer coming up so exercise and healthy eating are a priority. The chart has really helped me stay on top of things. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment to mark out the little boxes haha.
    Other good news- I was offered a job again this Summer at Wasatch Kids Camps in Salt Lake. I could not be more excited! I loved the job last year and now I just have to find a super cheap place to live this summer so I can earn up some money! And it will be fun living in Salt Lake again...I won't lie I was considering moving back to Buhl/Twin for the Summer if I didn't get the WKC job but I know finding a full time job like this one, in Idaho wouldn't have been easy.
      Now for the bad news- I have had a cough for about a week now. It is the WORST! I don't have a cold or anything...just a cough. It is annoying to always be coughing though and I constantly feel like people are judging me when I cough around them. It's like "oh she is germy and coughing and gross" when really, I hate germs, I hate coughing and I would hold it in if I could! Anyway, hopefully it goes away soon because it is not helping me to get things done. More semi-bad news- I scheduled to get my 4 wisdom teeth taken out March 7th...the 1st day of my Spring Break. My dentist said they needed to come out as soon as they could and sadly Spring Break is the perfect time since I won't be in school and I can recoup all day long. I will admit I am crazy nervous for it though. I know everyone says it isn't a big deal but I have never been injured, operated on, under anesthesia or anything like that before in my life. It's a little scary to think about going under the anesthesia and having stitches and all that stuff. Hopefully I'll get over it really fast!
     So school has started again and somehow I am still alive so far. I am taking 17 credits this semester which is 6 classes plus an in school practicum 3 days a week from 8-4 each day. My practicum starts this week and I could not be more nervous. I really do not want to fall behind on my schoolwork! So other than tons of studying and homework my classes are really interesting. I can't wait to get into the classroom and work with the kiddies though.
     Other news- I still have my 'job' at Bath and Body Works luckily! I only work like 4-7 hours a week but hey it's better than nothing. With school and homework it's about all I can afford too! I joined a club on campus called Storytellers that promotes literacy with children in the community. I really want to start serving more and this was a great place to start. Ok that's about all I have...the end.   

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love reading your blog babygirl :)