Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Year in a Nutshell

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Worked at Kids Summer Camp, saw the Backstreet Boys in concert,

What countries did you visit?
None unfortunantly

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? 
well more money but we'll see, better organizational/prioritizing skills, more time spent doing service, a vacation to the Oregon Coast

What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Umm there are a few...February-Stephanie Silva passed away, was accepted into the El. Ed. program at USU
May-Memorial day weekend...the last time my family was at the house in Idaho before my parents decided to get divorced
July 2010- My coworker Anne passed away, Jill a childhood friend passed away
August 20th-when I had to say goodbye to all the campers I worked with
November-My great Grandma Coye passed away


What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmmm probably doing the best I could as a camp counselor...I feel like I not only learned so much about my myself but that I truly helped so many of the kids know someone cared about them, and being a role model for them. Also, passing my Statistics class with a B!

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lots of little injuries while working at the kids camp, some bigger ones after a day at a waterpark but luckily other than that not really!

What was the best thing you bought?
honestly...didn't buy anything too phenomenal

Where did most of your money go? 
Gas, tuition, housing and food.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Working at a kids camp and finally having a fun summer job! Going home to visit Buhl for a whole entire week over Christmas break! Getting to see my parents after months of not seeing them! My daddy fixing my broken car door that had been broken for 6 months! Finally getting a job in Logan!

What song will always remind you of 2010? 
haha umm any of the Lady Gaga Songs, Dynamite Taio Cruz, Love the way you Lie, newer Backstreet Boys songs, and Taylor Swift songs

Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
This time last year I was moving from salt lake after living there almost 2 years to move to Logan, it was sad and a hard transition but in general I was happier with my life and happy with how things were going. This past year has been a crazy time, stressful, emotional with lots of losses and struggles so I think I am sadder but it's a new year and I intend to make it a happier one for sure!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling. Spending more time with some of the really good friends I have...reading my scripture more

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinated and wasted my time with things like facebook


What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, How I Met Your Mother, GLEE, One Tree Hill, Brothers and Sisters

What was the best book you read?
I'm ashamed to say I really didn't read many books at all maybe one or two but I really love the book I am reading now called The 12 Purposes of Life

What was your greatest musical discovery?
hmmm Voices by Chris Young is good, also I started listening to 30 Seconds to Mars, The Band Perry, the song Where I'm From, more from Bethany Joy Galeotti, and tons more can't even list them all

What was your favorite film of this year?
Since I havent seen HP7 or Narnia or The Social Network, so far its either Despicable Me, The A Team, Megamind or Alice in Wonderland but I love movies I can't just pick one

What did you get on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21, and I went to dinner with a couple of my favorite girl friends in salt lake, I got to spend the day with my campers which is the best I could have asked for! The next day I got an awesome cake baked by another counselor as well as dinner at Macaroni Grill

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same as it's always been, casual and just wearing what I think is cute and comfortable

What kept you sane? 
Friends..some that are particularly awesome as well as the gospel, and my little campers who helped me put everything in perspective

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? 
Sam the new guy on GLEE, Jake Gyllenhall, Andy from the Office, and so many more.

Who was the best new person you met?
 Well other than the 60 awesome campers I got to know...probably Stephanie/Janna/Ric some of the counselors I worked with

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
No one can determine your mood but you. And that I have no reason to ever complain, I have a blessed and amazing life compared to so many other people out there. And that we not here to be unhappy, we need to make this life all that we want it to be.

No comments: