Sunday, July 15, 2012

middle of the summer update.

Alrightyyyy...well it is ALREADY the middle of July & I can't quiet believe how fast the Summer if passing me by. It really feels like it's going by so quickly. Anddd how have I been spending it? Well my weekdays consist of getting up at 7 am, heading to work, working all day with my cute 5-7 year olds, getting home by 6pm & falling to my bed exhausted, watching some Vampire Diaries & falling asleep no later than 10 (most nights 930). The past few weekends I have been in Logan or Buhl & so I've been driving like around like a crazy person too. I'll admit it has been a tiring one but has had some truly fun moments. I also decided FINALLY that in the fall I will head back to Logan because I couldn't decide what else I wanted to do with my life...so that is where I shall be at least for a few months. Here are some highlights from my Summer so far...
-Bought a new car from my Uncle Joel .....& I love love it!
-I turned the big 2-3. CRAZY...i spent my birthday working at camp, getting tons of cute cards from my kiddies & having them & a couple coworkers hit me with silly string haha. Then I went to dinner with Mom & Jen @ applebee's & it was deliciousness!
-June 23rdish...road tripped to Buhl with Jen & Homi for a reunion with Dad's family. Ended up being a lovely time with some yummy food & a wonderful chance to reconnect & catch up with family members I haven't seen in ages as well as some adorable little cousins I love to death! We were only there for the day but that still was long enough to have a slip in slide with the cute kiddies, blow lots of bubbles, play croquet, play the classic Lyday bocce ball game, eat cake & celebrate my bday with that family, take lots of yummy leftovers back to salt lake with me
-Slip in Slide Weekend: a couple weeks after my birthday I headed to Logan & got to celebrate mine, Baby K's & Nates bday with a big slip in slide for just our group of friends & the most tasty cake ever created by Em. It was the weekend I needed that completely took me out of my depressed funk & made me the old me! I loved every minute of it & those people truly are amazing.
-July 3rd, spent it with Em & my favorites eating some tasty cafe rio burritos her momma made us & then went & danced & watched fireworks in Bountiful. It was such an awesome night full of getting lost from each other & some sweet Chinese fire drills.
-July 4th, I spent time with mom & then went with her to a really fun BBQ at Martha's & reconnected with some family. It was a blast even though it was way hot. I was super tired though & then was asleep by like 8pm that day
-Weekend of July 7th- I hit the road & headed to ol Buhl town. I was stoked to see so many friends for Cheryl's wedding. I loved every minute I spent with them & realized just how important all those people are to me even though I don't see them that often. We had a blast at cheryl's wedding & i teared up thinking of how my sweet Cheryl is all grown up & married. Another trip I def. needed.
-Spent this past weekend relaxing, hanging out with my friend Jake & some of his friends in Draper which included meeting some guys from Kid History which was amazing & having my phone used in an Improv skit
-----pictures to come
-this is by far my favorite song of the summer & i think the whole year...truly beautiful...enjoy

1 comment:

Mindy said...

The name of that song alone makes me hesitant to listen to it ... Like it made me physically nervous.