Anddd it turns out I've been terrible at this blogging which is also supposed to be a journal of life since I hate writing things by hand. I'll be honest, I've thought about how I need/want to blog about stuff a lot...and then I just don't. I start thinking meh whatever it's not that great and it's like I need something more significant to be happening but really I don't. I just want this to remind myself of great moments, memories & the not so great times too. So time to once again play catch up.
-I'm living in Logan with Em, Amanda & 2 newbies because Sarah moved out after about a month since she & Nate will be getting married Jan. 2 (sooo many people are getting married in Dec weird)
-We have new red couches which are BEAutiful & I love them. The place looks newer & classier.
-Em & I have been spending TONS of time together. Usually Amanda is at work & other roomies are gone so we do lots of stuff together & surprisingly at least on my end it's always a great time & I never get sick of her. She's a real, true, incredible person & friend & I'm really blessed to know & have her in my life.
-Met a gal from England. Rebecca. She was AWESOME!! She hung out with me a ton because we both had lots of free time. She went back & it's been terribly sad without her around. The two of us bonded greatly with our adorable neighbors Matt & Jake. We were over there at least 2-3 times a week & I loved every minute of it. See I've come to the conclusion that in my life there are people I meet who I honestly care so much about that I could never get sick of being around them or talking to them..like we must have been friends in the preexistence I love them so much and Rebecca is one of the following also my dear friend Matt is another one of those, Emilee, Adrea, Jacqui & a few select other souls. Those people just make life bearable through the rough times I think. So back to Rebecca we did the following: spent a day @ the beach, went to karaoke, Taco tuesday'd it up, cuddled in the hammock, dance partied too, she went when I gave blood, & I drove her to the airport to say goodbye. She better return soon! PS: my english accent is pretty great now.
-Okay moving on: Substitute teaching: turns out it's not so bad, my 6 week job was stressful but I felt like a real teacher & I learned SO much about class & the beginning of the year. I am getting lots of experience with each of the grades & after working with my TB's I think I'd really love to teach a younger grade now instead of an older one. They are truly so innocent, sweet, caring, crazy, tiring & wonderful. It's providing me with just enough money to get by but that's all I really need I suppose.
-Family: Dad got married & going down with Homi & Jen was fun. I loved spending time with them, Dad & his family. It was like another reunion. The past year has taught me a lot & I've realized that I wish I had spent more time with Dad's side of the family. Growing up I always felt like they were just so different & I loved them cause they were family but I didn't really love them for who they were and now I really do & It is the most amazing feeling. I love spending time with them now & I love being around them whereas before it wasn't the same. I have this rule for myself that I love people unconditionally no matter what & I will NOT judge them based on their lives etc. and that is so true for dad's family. They've always just loved me & they are who they are because of their parents & they've faced things in life I never will & anywho I have new respect & love for them so that's been really nice to have time with them.
-Mom & Jen are in S.L.C now. I am planning to move there next May. I feel like I thought coming back to Logan would be a little different & really lately I've been feeling like I'm just going in a circle & need a change...I can't wait to be back in the valley & hopefully start meeting new people & going in another new direction. Logan is great & I love it here don't get me wrong & I wouldn't mind living here for real like getting married & all but I don't think that's in the cards for me.
-Patience & Timing: I'm trying to be patient with my life but it's been getting tough. Everywhere I look people & friends are getting married & having first, second & third kids & I'm just like..oh cool...I'm still where I was two years ago haha no I'm really grateful for where I am in life, I feel like I've grown a lot & learned a lot about myself & life but dang does it get really frustrating sometimes. And it's all about 'the Lord's timing' and all that but still...it is really hard sometimes. So I am trying to just be patient and trust that someday I'll find someone or figure out exactly where I should be in this life.
-Quick memories I don't wanna forget:
Karaoke with the roomies & we won a $25 gift card last week for singing a song from Mulan
Camping out with Emilee, Kyle & Chris..tents, fires, movies, dog hair, floor sleeping, cuddling,
hilariousness
FRIENDS marathons: we're currently addicted to the show & it's so stinking good!
Conversations I've had with Matt...we have had some really good ones & we haven't chatted much
lately cause he's dating this gal but still those conversations were some of my most favorite ever
Dance parties! They've been so much fun! 80's & 90's & 3 different Halloween ones! Oh & the cops
were around too.
Murder in the Dark & game nights & s'more sundays
Activities on campus-bingo, howl, movies, etc.
anddd that's the end for today cause I'm tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment