Wednesday, April 25, 2012

the best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time-Abraham Lincoln

Now I will be the first to admit that I struggle an awful lot with change. I have never really enjoyed big changes because I usually get really sad. For instance, when I first moved to Salt Lake I lived with my sister. I had left all my friends and the only life I'd ever know. It was sooo hard and I was really lonely. I hated it at first and considered moving back but I stuck it through and ended up making awesome friends. Fast forward a year or two when I decided to move to Logan. I knew it was where I needed to be but I was once again faced with leaving all the friends I had FINALLY made and the life I finally felt comfortable in. I cried a lot of course because anyone who knows me, knows I'm a cry baby. I wasn't sure how Logan would be because I didn't know anyone and the school was so big and it was an intimidating time. Fast forward again to now. I am actually graduating from COLLEGE! This day seemed so far away when I first moved to Utah and somehow it's arriving in a little less than a week. Now come a few more big changes in my life and while I'm not super stressed out about it...it's still crazy terrifying. It is going to be strange not to be an average college student anymore. Anddd let's just say I am extremely sad to be leaving the life I now have in Logan. I have finally found a really good place where I feel like I belong again and now I have to leave once again. the past two years I've been in Logan have been amazing. I have met so many people that are amazing and I have made some honest lifelong friends. I have gained an education and been a part of an incredible ward with a calling that has truly changed my life. I am moving to Salt Lake for the summer to work and while that's not that far, it will still be such a change especially after the year I've had and the roommates who have changed me and my life for the better. Now like I mentioned I am a big cry baby and honestly I have just been pushing the month of may from my mind because I know I'll be leaving Em, Jacqui, Sarah & Amanda and even just thinking about that for a moment makes me tear up. These four girls are some of the best people I've ever had the privilege of knowing and have been such amazing examples to me not to mention truly have accepted and loved me for who I am. I know I will be friends with them for a very long time. So graduation is looming in the distance and while I can't wait to be done with the school part, the job part is still out there. Luckily I'm not too stressed about that because I feel like I can go wherever I want to come the end of the Summer and who knows I might even just end up back in Logan...but I am trying not to think that far in the future and luckily just like my title quote says...the future only comes one day at a time. So that's how I am looking at my life now...I am taking it a day at a time and I will see where I end up and what the world has to bring me. I am sure I will enjoy the Summer working and all but after that I hope that things work out how they are supposed to. Here's to life and it's ups and downs, and it's constant changes. It's hard but at the end of the day I know that it will all be worth it in the end. I feel so blessed to have the life I have and for all the people who love me, care about me and have always been there for me. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for where I am today and for the adventures that I know are to come. 
Before I wrap this up here's a list of people that have changed my life while I've been here in Logan for the past couple of years and that I can never thank them enough for all they've done for me (wow can't believe it's been years).
the one and only Nicoleeeee Booth
the loves of my life Emilee Hagloch, Sirrrahh Evans, Jacqui Roberts, Amanda W
the other love of my life (this man is such a gem) Nate Randall
a true example of a wonderful person Mindy Thornley
Christy Brian
Brittany Dickson
Josh Corbridge
sweet neighbor boy Spencer Starley
Ryan Humpherys
Casey Saunders, Matt Anderson & Philly Phil
Sarah Pope
Bishop Weaver, Brothers Curtis & Eccles
Shelise Anderson
my sister Jen & mother Linda & extended family up here
Bonnie who lies over the ocean
the wonderful Jared Honda
the boys from year 1 at Old Farm L23
the Stake Relief Society Presidency for the 46th ward's Stake (6th maybe?)
Jarvis Pace & the members of that household
Baby K Davies who I will have in a special place in my heart always
RA Kyle & the adorable Nick Lee (what a catch these two guys will be for whoever they marry)
Jared Call a longboarding mad man who I am blessed to know
Justin Graham who always kept us loving life and looking for adventures
and every person I have ever met in the 46th ward who I know at one point or another lit up my life and I am so grateful I had the chance to interact with and know and I would list them all but that would take a very long time! 
here's to graduation. woo hoooo 
ps- can't wait for my bahamas cruise which will be the highlight of the year! a whole week with Em, Nicole & Sarah equals heaven!
best times ever working with these ladies
these people light up my life every day!

love me some natey poo always
oh Em what a gem! and everyone else photobombing this pictuer






1 comment:

Christy said...

I adore you. Can't believe you and Cole are graduating...Look out world..