Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

Soooo this year for the fourth I headed up to Logan. I didn't have much of anything planned. I spent the weekend hanging out with family and that means mostly swimming it up w/ Colby & Jen in the pool @ their complex. I also tried out a couple recipes. It was relaxing and nice to just hang. Sunday evening though, Homi showed up which led to us all heading out to shoot off some fireworks he had in a local church parking lot. We enjoyed the 4 fountains so much that we headed to Wally World where Homi proceeded to buy lots more fireworks. We set off some more for like half an hour when Homi decided to shoot off some aerials without warning us. We (the girls) proceeded to scream and freak out a bit and then I watched them from behind Homi's car door. We took off after that. Anyways, I love the family & it's always a good time but I will admit I am missing the little Buhl 4th of July quite a bit so I'm almost certain that's where I'll be spending it next year. I miss our little cute parade, the booths in the park, the firehose competition, the fireworks at night and seeing people I actually know. I miss a lot of thing about Buhl and I'm pretty sure that will never change. Hopefully I can take a trip down there soon because being away for too long always seems to make life harder.

In other news: here in SLC I HATE and I know that's a hard word but I HATE my current roommates. I have NEVER lived with people that are this messy and man is it making life here so not fun. I am always in my room...why? Well we all know I'm pretty outgoing but honestly I just can't stand the messyness of the living room & kitchen. I don't know how people can be so lazy! I scrubbed our kitchen clean yesterday and yet today they've already started to make it messy again I mean how hard is it to wash your dishes and put them away? I suppose I've never realized there are people who are so messy because all of my family is relatively clean as are all the friends I've ever really had. SIGH it's a shame that people live like this but I will sure be MUCH more careful in picking roommates from this point on.

Other news: camp is awesome but already it's flying by so fast! It's already week six and I can't believe the Summer is almost over. Sure I've had a few fun times in Logan and gotten to go to Disneyworld but this is my last Summer before I graduate college and I hope that I'm making the best of it. There are so many things I have to do now to prepare so that I can graduate in the Spring. Growing up sure isn't easy and it's some hard work. Currently I love the show PSYCH and I want to someday be on a show like amazing race or something like that. Also I need to start eating healthier and will do so thanks to the Buddy Fruit collection from Walmart. HP 7 comes out in like 4 days so I think I gotta splurge to go see that! the end : )


1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that you have a blog! You post about stuff that I've totally forgotten about (like the 4th). You should turn your blog into a book at the end of the year. Its like a journal anyway :)