my zekey boy out back of our Buhl house.
I've decided to go ahead and start posting about this past summer because I know it will be long and there is lots to write and I will post lots of pictures. So to start off, the summer began when I moved out of Old Farm May,7th and I moved in with Jennifer for a week. I then moved back to salt lake to a ghetto apartment on 11 E and 500 S. It was a large room and semi cheap so I took it. It had a courtyard thing that reminded me of a tropical jungle somewhere and terrible parking. But it worked. I moved into the place and then went home to Idaho for memorial day weekend with the family. It was fun as always, going home to Buhl always just feels right and relaxing. Well June 11th, I started my job at Wasatch Kids Camps. We had training the 27th and 28th of May which was fun. My coworkers were nice at the training esp. Anne who was funny, friendly, kind and made me feel more welcome than anyone else. I was nervous for the first day of camp for sure but it went pretty well. We did tons of stuff during camp but there was so much that I'll just list all my favorite moments and memories later. This will be the rest of the summer outside of camp.
So that summer I was extremely happy to be going back to my old 31st ward at the University of Utah institute. That ward feels like family, when I am there I feel at home and loved. It has the best bishopric I have ever had. Bishop Egan, Brother Tingey and Brother Lyman are three of the best men I have ever known in my life and I am certain they will be general authorities someday. Anyways, being back in salt lake with so many friends around was the perfect time. I got to go to my first REAL soccer game with my friend Logan and that was a blast! I wanted to go to more but sadly never made it to more. I spent tons of time with my amazing friend Krystal Kennedy, we even went on a double date. Krystal made a delicious dinner then her, Bryce, Logan and I went to the drive in and saw Toy Story 3 (which was stinkin cute!) and Prince of Persia (the worst movie ever.). This past summer I turned 21, on June 21st. The day of my birthday I did work but that evening I went out with some of my best girls, Amanda, Charly and Krystal. We went to The Bayou, a restaurant/bar in Salt Lake. I had Amanda pick a place where you had to be 21 to get in because I could totally get in now! It was a blast hanging out with my girls and Tyson, Amanda's friend met up with us. We were silly as always, went to the Village for some pie and had a great time. I loved being back in my old ward, I got to hang out with old friends, meet new ones, go to ward prayer, and FHE, and spend fast sundays hearing Mikey bear his testimony. I got to hang out with Danny boy who took us to a delicious pizza place, spent time with Jeff, who introduced me to the best sandwhich place ever!, and all around enjoyed being back in the big city for a bit.
For the 4th of July, I was not able to go down with Jen, Colby and Homi to visit the parentals in NM, so I went up to Logan instead to spend it with my family. By family I mean my awesome Aunt Tammy! I had a wonderful time talking to her, she reminds me so much of my mom that I just love being around her. She gives great advice and is extremely outgoing just like me. For the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, I was in Logan again..I think, I can't remember that far back haha. Anyways I just remember watching fireworks with Tammy, Isaac and Austin that were shot off from USU. Then a day or so after, I went to Jeff's house and hung out with my favorite Tingey's while they shot off their fireworks. Sweet Bonnie, his mother, has glow necklaces/bracelets for all of us to wear. That family is one I truly love. They have never been anything but kind, welcoming and friendly to me. I feel so comfortable with them and feel like they could be another of my families. I got to go to a Bee's game again for FHE one night and had my first Chik fil A sandwhich with Matt and some other gals which was a blast as always. Sadly the summer did come to an end and while I didn't spend time with as many people as I wish I had, nor do as many things as I had planned on doing, I still had a wonderful summer and wouldn't trade it for anything.
![]() |
| Siblings in the back of the car on the way to twin. |
![]() |
| Matt, Amanda, and I at the BEES game! |
![]() |
| On our scooter ride, Homi and I stopped by the cutest calves. |




No comments:
Post a Comment