Alrighty, so I am going to just summarize the different parts of the year starting with winter/spring. Last december, I quite my job at SLCC and decided to move to Logan, UT to attend USU. I applied, got in and found an apartment at Old Farm, a contract I bought from a gal that was getting married. I decided on USU because they have an exceptional El. Ed. program, not to mention two of my uncles, James and Eli live here and my sister had just moved here. In January I moved into my apartment one day when no one was around. I had the help of Isaac and Chris and my momma to move into my shared room. The apartment wasn't too bad, the room was a bit small but I was still excited. Anyways, I attended classes and passed them, and had some awesome roommates. First off there was Bonnie...my Bonnie lies over the ocean. She was an English major and extremely smart. I loved her most of the time because of her humor and sarcasm which always made me laugh! We got along for the most part and enjoyed watching tv shows like BONES, LOST and we were both TV/movie knowledgeable. Shelise, another roomie was great! She looks JUST like my cousin Julia and right away she was so friendly. We talked a lot and got to know each other and while there were times I got a teeny annoyed, she was always willing to talk to you and be a friend. She is a firefighter and EMT and I think she is one of the coolest people I know. Whitney was a sweet girl. We had our math class together and that was so helpful. Ashley was her close friend and at first Ashley and I barely spoke but after she started dating our neighbor she became more open etc. esp since it was her first boyfriend. Hope, my actual roommate I only saw a handful of times the whole semester, so I pretty much had my own room the whole time. The only down side was the snow that lasted until April, I am pretty sure my feet were NEVER fully warm until May, I was sick for about 2 1/2 months when I first moved up. I was sick, got better, my roommates got sick, and I got sick again. I went through countless coughdrops and various cold medicines. I rarely saw the sun and realized there is a reason my name is Summer, I need the sun at least a few days a week HAHA
Some memories from the Spring:
-Applied and got hired to work at DressBarn-the trainings were crazy long but we got to have food twice and the ladies were really nice but also very dressy ladies with makeup etc.
-Spending the days/nights at the kitchen table doing my homework across from Bonnie. We spent hours there and i loved giving her random facts from my health and wellness class.
-Ashley and Bonnie always had the most clever quotes and dialogue that kept things entertaining.
-The neighbor boys in L2 were a blast to hang out with. Ashley began to date James not long after Valentines day and I started to like one of them too so that made for fun times.
-Triple date we hiked up the wind caves at night and watched Mothman Prophecies on a laptop then hiked back down. It was so scary and crazy cold that night,
-Having grass was awesome once it got warm, people would be out laying in the sun, playing frisbee, doing homework, some people dragged couches out and just sat in the sun. We played frisbee a lot and did homework out there.
-Whitney and I one day bought water guns, popsicles and bubbles. that turned into a huge waterfight with me, ashley, whitney, Jaymin, James and partly Javier. It was crazy.
-My FHE family was awesome. We had some good times minus the stupid newspaper game that I hated. We had fun at a bonfire once, so that was good.
-After being in my new ward for 2 weeks, the Bishop asked me to give a talk when I barely knew his name. I was terrified but it went pretty well.
-Somehow, we stayed up so late for so many nights, and yet I managed to pass my classes.
-I vacuumed every day sometimes twice a day because of all the stuff that got tracked in onto the carpet
- Playing the block game on sundays, it is a great game. just saying.
-Jennifer and I drove down to New Mexico with my mom, spent time with our dad and mom down there, survived a sand storm, got no sun, and flew back to salt lake airport after some drunk russians in the Denver airport, and a 3 hour layover. Thanks to Jeff Tingey for picking us up from the airport.
-In April, I applied for a job at a kids camp in salt lake, went and interviewed and was hired. So for the summer I moved to Salt Lake again. That post will come later. All in All the Spring went pretty well, there were ups and downs but I made a great friend in Shelise and had good times with my roommates.
Chris & I at a hockey game. They are my favorite! I love when they hit and fight each other!
Chris & I at a hockey game. They are my favorite! I love when they hit and fight each other!
During our water fight with L2. Ashleys quote "I will not stand here and watch you violate my roommate"
Thanks to Jaymin I got soaked with the hose.
This is one of the views from the Wind Caves. It is breathtaking, peaceful and beautiful.
I got to see some awesome basketball games here in the spectrum.
Silly roommate Bonnie who never failed to entertain.





No comments:
Post a Comment