Saturday, May 16, 2015



Today's weather has been gray, rainy & all around dreary fitting my mood perfectly.

 
 It's been one of the roughest weeks I've had in the last 4 months for a few reasons. I had to end a relationship with someone who had become my best friend & one of the most important people in my life. I know deep down it's for the best but that never makes it any easier. It's been extremely hard but every day gets a little better. I just try to remember that I am still so blessed and I have so much going for me. There's a general conference talk that has become my motivation which is the "Come what may & Love it " talk. I try to remember that anytime something gets me down because I hope it will build more optimism in me. 

This week also included finishing end of year testing & lots of camp planning. It was good for me to stay busy & distracted & for that I'm grateful as well. I am excited for another Summer at Wasatch Kids Camp because I never leave having had a bad day & it's just what I need. 

A couple things coming up I'm super excited for: 

Breakfast with Dad, Barb, Jen, Joe & Homi tomorrow! Can't wait. I sincerely miss Dad & my goal is to see him & talk to him more because if anything ever happens I don't want to have any regrets about that. 

Jen's baby shower is July 11. It will be super fun to plan a baby shower since I've never done it & never for a family member! 

Ed Sheeran concert this Tuesday. His voice is soothing & dreamy & while our tickets are awful I'm SUPER excited. I haven't been to a concert in ages it seems!

Trip to the East Coast is being planned with Rebecca & Emilee. DC, NYC, Niagra Falls. It should be fantastic & will be fun to get away a little this Summer to distract myself. 

I'm going to try & focus on making myself better & one way I want to do that is to try & get in working with refugees here in Utah. I have a volunteer information session to go to in June so we shall see how that goes!! Doing some serious service is NEVER a bad thing :)

Finally...I'm just losing it over the excitement of getting to meet my sweet niece. Every day brings us closer & I'm so obsessed I can't stop from buying her the most adorable things (pictured right.) 

To wrap this up a funny moment from school. We were on a field trip & one of my boy students M said " Ms. Lyday want to hear a joke? " This boy handles joking well so in a kidding voice I said "Your face? Oooooo" and we all laughed. Skip to the bus ride back to the school when all the kids were telling riddles. M says " Ms Lyday I have a riddle for you...What's alive but never grows? "  Thinking of riddles I thought hmmmm a plant or some kind of ...then M says " YOU OOOOOO"  I definitely got burned but we all had a great laugh. Moments like those make the days better & my job so worth it. Teaching: hard but I do love it. 

come what may and love it 





Time to start another week & doing my best to ENJOY IT, LOVE IT & TRULY LIVING IT.  











No comments: