Sunday, April 12, 2015

2015 is off to an exciting start!

So someday I plan to update this regularly. It always sits there in the back of my mind & then I usually just keep putting it off. So here goes super fast...
2015
-I'm going to be an aunt in AUGUST! So excited & SO full of love for my tiny babe I can't even
        believe it sometimes!
                                    Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

-Teaching the days away still...planning to teach at my same school next year
-Met a boy...we'll see where that goes. Either way he's brought a lot of joy & change into my life &
       I'll always appreciate that.

Finally...HAWAII 2015

                                  Displaying IMG_0009.PNG
Spring Break I went to Hawaii with Emilee, Sarah, Rebecca, Jake & Jeremy who was there for like 2 days with us. It was so tiring but incredibly amazing! I'll just talk about some highlights :)

Wednesday: We drove to St. George & kept ourselves entertained reading some Harry Potter &  
        playing 20 questions.
Thursday: Drove to Vegas to catch a flight to Honolulu. Realized I'd forgotten socks & had to stop at
       Walmart. Had a crazy long flight to Honolulu. Arrived exhausted but so excited to be in our
        1 bedroom, 1 bathroom condo that was only like 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach!
Friday: Beach time for obvious reasons. It was MUCH needed. Decided to go parasailing & it truly
         is one of the MOST amazing things I've ever done! Delicious meal at a place called Surf N Turf
         tacos & then endured an incredibly memorable mud hike to Maunawili falls. I'm talking a hike
         that was SO muddy, you can never truly understand unless you were there. Mud for days,   
         Jeremy losing a shoe, getting lost, jumping off into a pool by a waterfall, rinsing shoes off at  
          the beach & walking through the FANCIEST mall in Honolulu looking like a bunch of beach
          bum rednecks in towels, bare feet, messy hair etc. Easily one of my favorite days of my life. 

 Displaying IMG_0037.JPGDisplaying IMG_0044.JPG
 Displaying IMG_0190.JPGDisplaying IMG_0205.JPG


Saturday: Nothing like a 6am Snorkel at Haunama Bay. Hit my knee on some coral, had some Acai
         bowls, went to the market for souvenirs & got myself a drink in a coconut!  More beach time of
         course and traveled to have the most delightful dinner at Halawei Joes a tropical paradise of a
          restaurant. (Looks like Jurassic Park come to life all around this island though )
                               



                                  
 Displaying IMG_0295.JPGDisplaying IMG_0304.JPG
                                   Displaying IMG_0395.JPG
Sunday: Diamond Head hike nice & early in the morning as well as getting Easter treats as we went
         on to spend 6 yes that's right 6 hours at Pearl Harbor. It was so fascinating, exhausting and
          something I'm so happy I can say I've seen. Dinner at Bob's burgers & home to relax for our
         next adventure.
                   Displaying IMG_0545.JPGDisplaying IMG_0560.JPG
Monday: Morning hike to Manoa Falls (some of Jurassic park was actually filmed here) & off to an
         afternoon seeing the Laie Temple, Polynesian cultural center, going to a luau and seeing HA the
          show at the PCC. Oh & dream come true #2- DRANK FROM A PINEAPPLE IN HAWAII :)
                                Displaying IMG_2447.JPG
Tuesday: Drove to take Jake skydiving...too cloudy so we waited for like 2 1/2 hours (super boring)
         waiting for a sky that never cleared. The girls took off & found a rare Hawaiian Monk seal
          chillin on a beach (beautiful), went to snorkel, had Sea Turtles swim all around us at Laniakea
          beach, kayaked down a river, ate some shaved ice (Matsumotos), quick dinner & headed back
           to clean and pack up since we left on Wed. All in all it was an insane trip, fun, tiring, and
           memorable!
           Displaying IMG_2501.JPGI promise she was alive & not dead!

Coming up next? End of year testing...baby shower for Jen, Mom moving back from Seattle, Summer Camp starting and much more....

No comments: